Lares Trek – Ollantaytambo – MachuPicchu 4 Days
First Day: Cusco – Calca – Lares Hot springs
From Cusco, we take our private transportation through the Sacred Valley of the Incas, through the town of Calca, and over a mountain pass with magnificent views, before arriving in Lares. After lunch and a dip in the hot springs, we begin our hike of about two hours to our campsite in Waca Wasi. (Lunch/Dinner).
Second Day: Waca Wasi – Epsaycocha Lake
After breakfast, we visit the local weavers, working with alpaca and llama fibers. Then we continue our trip to Condor Pass, at 4,200m/13,800ft. From there we can see a very impressive view of the mountains and snow, for example, of the peak Veronica at 5,760m/18,900ft. Finally we descend to Epsaycocha where we set up our second camp. (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner).
Third Day: Epsaycocha Lake – Pata Cancha – Wyllop – Pumamarca – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes Machupicchu
We have breakfast and begin our trek descending to Pata Cancha, where we have time to visit the community and continue on our way to the Incan terraces in Puma Marka. Our trek ends in Ollantaytambo, where we visit the local ruins before taking the train to Aguas Calientes, the last stop before we ascend early the next morning to Machupicchu. We spend the night in a hotel in Aguas Calientes. (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner).
Fourth Day: Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Cusco
Our big day begins with breakfast in our hotel, very early in the morning, so we can trek up to the Machupicchu ruins. If you prefer, you can take the bus. With luck, we will see the sunrise from this magical place, from the spot called Inti Punku, the Sun Gate. After a guided tour of about two hours, to make sure everyone gets to see the most important sites within the ruin, there is time for a hike up the neighboring peak, Waynapicchu. In the afternoon, we go back down to Aguas Calientes to catch our train back to Cusco. Passengers are returned to their hotels from the train station. (Breakfast).
Our service includes:
- Reception and transfer from the airport to your hotel.
- Briefing by your professional guide the night before departure for the trek.
- Private transportation from Cusco to the Lares hot springs.
- Professional, bilingual trekking guide.
- All meals included in the program.
- Dining Tent, Bathroom Tent, and fully equipped Kitchen Tent.
- Specialized chef and assistant to prepare meals according to your dietary requirements (vegetarian, etc.)
- Comfortable mattresses for the trek.
- 3 or 4-season tents with 4-person capacity but occupied by only 2 people for your comfort to allow plenty of room for your gear.
- Horses and horsemen to carry the group camping equipment.
- First Aid Supplies.
- Daily Tea Time in all campsites.
- Train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes.
- Train from Aguas Calientes back to Cusco.
- Bus up to and down from Machupicchu.
- 01 night in a hostel in the town of Aguas Calientes.
- Transfer to hotel at the end of the trip.
- Sleeping Bag.
- Tips for our personnel.
- First day’s breakfast and last day’s lunch.
- Extra items not mentioned in the program.
You should bring:
- Bug repellent.
- Sun block.
- Flashlight and batteries.
- Bottle of water for the first day and purification tablets.
- Rain jacket or poncho.
- Warm clothes.