A day of rafting will teach you some basic techniques, show you some nice scenery near Cusco, and give you a wet, thrilling rides.
The Urubamba is divided into Upper Urubamba and Lower Urubamba, the dividing feature being the Pongo de Mainique, a whitewater canyon that opens into the Amazon plain.
It has some exciting white water depending on the section of the river being done and the time of the year. One of our most popular rafting sections during the season is the “Chuquicahuna (CHUQUI)” section of the river on the Upper Urubamba.
This section is perfect for one day tours, with nice class II, III and III+ rapids. Excellent scenic riverside big eucalyptus trees, beautiful flowers.
We will be meeting at 9:00am in the morning. Our private transportation will take us to our camping ground at “Cusipata River Camp”, were we can leave our baggage. Here you will enjoy , hot showers, sauna and a comfortable dinning area. This place also counts with facilities.
Professional River guides will provide you with all the proper rafting equipment such as helmet, wet suit, spray jacket, paddle and self bailing raft.
After a comprehensive safety briefing you will be driven 10 more minutes to Chuquicahuana, and then we will be running exiting class III rapids.
You will spend about two hours floating on the river. Afterwards, we’ll drive back to CASA CUSI“ where a good warm lunch will be served and you can enjoy a relaxing SAUNA.
Our return will be in the late afternoon.
- Transportation to the river and back
- All the rafting equipment, such as helmets, life jackets, spray jackets, wet suits, paddles & Raft.
- Professional River guides
- lunch, we can accommodate to a vegetarian diet upon request
- Photos and video upon request with an additional charge
- Safety Kayaker
YOU SHOULD BRING:
- A complete set of dry clothing
- A pair of waterproof sandals or tennis shoes for the river.
- Sun block
- A small towel
- A bathing suit to wear under the wetsuit
- A good positive mental attitude